These terms and conditions apply to tickets for concerts and events held as part of Bath Folk Festival, including the Bath Folk Festival Traditional Music Summer School. References in these terms to ‘concerts’ will also include events and summer school classes.
Please read these terms carefully before ordering any tickets from our website as, by doing so, you accept these terms and conditions.
Rules of admission
1. At ticketed events, you need a valid ticket in order to enter the concert venue. This must be produced on arrival.
2. Tickets to the Bath Folk Festival Traditional Music Summer School should be presented at registration.
3. The advertised running time may change so please check the Bath Folk Festival website for updates on the day of the concert.
4. We reserve the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances or to request any ticket holder to leave the concert venue and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
5. Your ticket can only be refunded in the event that the concert is cancelled. Details of our refund policy are set out below.
6. In the event of a cancelled concert or a concert that has to be abandoned part way through, we will not be liable for travel or accommodation expenses.
7. Reselling your ticket for profit or commercial gain makes it void.
8. We reserve the right to make alteration to the advertised details for the concert at short notice. In these instances Bath Folk Festival is not obliged to refund the ticket or exchange it for another concert.
9. Performances or public areas may be filmed, sound recorded or photographed. Buying a ticket confirms that you consent to the filming, sound recording and/or photography of yourself as a member of the audience and to any subsequent broadcast or publication of these materials. If you have concerns about this, please speak with the concert manager or door staff.
10. We cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to your personal property whilst at the venue.
11. Mobile phones and other digital devices must be turned off or put into silent mode at all times during the concert.
12. Doors cannot be opened until the sound checks have been completed. Please be patient and co-operate with our volunteer stewards who will let you in as soon as they can.
1. The price of any tickets will be as quoted on our website, except in cases of obvious error.
2. The prices include any VAT applicable, but may be subject to a booking fee.
3. Child tickets are available for children aged 16 years and under.
4. If you are under 18 years old you may purchase tickets only with the involvement of your parent or guardian.
5. Payment for all tickets purchased via the Bath Folk Festival website must be by credit or debit card, BACS transfer or by PayPal.
6. After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Once payment has been received your tickets will be issued.
7. Tickets purchased via the Bath Folk Festival website will be issued by email only. Please print out your ticket or be prepared to show it on your smartphone on arrival.
8. Please check carefully the venue, date and time shown on your ticket as mistakes cannot always be rectified after the booking has been confirmed.
9. Tickets may be available for purchase on the door, but this cannot be guaranteed. Please check the Bath Folk Festival website on the day of the concert for details.
10. Tickets may be available for purchase via third party booking agents, who may apply their own terms of sale. Any additional terms applied by third party booking agents will not change these terms.
1. Festival passes grant the holder access to all ticketed concerts at Bath Folk Festival.
2. Festival passes will be sent out as an electronic ticket upon receipt of payment. Please show your ticket to the door steward at the first event you attend and this will be swapped for a festival wrist band.
3. You must present your wristband at each subsequent concert you attend. You will not be admitted unless you show your wristband.
4. Some venues have age restrictions. Please check the Bath Folk Festival website in advance if a member of your party is under 14 years of age.
5. Some concerts will be more popular than others. After purchasing your festival pass, you will be sent a link asking you to reserve a seat at any of our headline concerts you wish to attend. If you do not reserve a seat in advance, you may not gain entry if the event is fully booked. If you change your mind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know in advance.
6. A festival pass does not include access to workshops or the Bath Folk Festival Traditional Music Summer School.
Events outside of our control
1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or any delay in performance of, our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
2. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control. This includes such things as: terrorist attack, fire, flood or natural disaster, epidemics, impossibility of the use of means of public or private transport, or public or private telecommunications networks or the threat of any of these things.
3. If a Force Majeure Event occurs, we may have to cancel the concert or abandon it part way through. We will use our reasonable efforts to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution so the concert may continue despite the Force Majeure Event.
1. The Festival gives no warranty that artists named in the programme and in any other publicity will perform, and reserve the right to present alternative performers and re-programme events when unforeseen circumstances prevail. If a ticketed concert is cancelled, refunds will be issued automatically and you will receive an email notification to the email address provided at the time of booking.
2. All refund requests will be considered sympathetically. If you experience any problems whilst attending a Bath Folk Festival concert, please bring this to the attention of the event manager or door staff so they have the opportunity to rectify the issue for you. Complaints that are not raised with festival staff at the time may not be eligible for a refund.
3. Refund requests should be sent by email to email@example.com no later than two weeks after the concert.
1. Our liability to you is limited to the purchase price of the tickets you have purchased.
2. In the unfortunate event that a performance has to be cancelled or abandoned part way through, we will not be liable for any accommodation, travel or other costs you incur.
3. We will not accept liability for any indirect, special or consequential losses, including (for example) loss of profits, revenue, contracts, data or goodwill.
5. Nothing in these terms limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit, or attempt to limit, our liability.
Law and jurisdiction
1. These terms for the purchase of tickets through our website will be governed by UK law. Any dispute over or claims arising from these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breaking these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
2. If we fail to exercise any of our rights under these terms, this will not amount to a waiver by us of those rights.
3. If any part of these terms is unenforceable, this will not affect the enforceability of any other part.
4. These terms, together with any document referred to in these terms, constitute the whole agreement between you and us.
About Bath Folk Festival
1. Bath Folk Festival is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England under no. 8556130.
2. Our main trading address is 67 Kelston View, Bath, BA2 1NP.
3. If you have any concerns about these terms or anything that appears on our website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.